Friday, March 28, 2008

A little about myself

So this is my first blog ever. Well not really; does Xanga at 14 years old count?
It was basically ramblings about the drama of daily life, but I guess I can't really claim that this is going to be much different, although I do like to convince myself that my life is slightly more important now than it was 4 or 5 years ago.

So here's ME in the present: I am currently a freshman at Dickinson College in Carlisle, PA. I am from Carlisle, went to the high school that's ohhh, about 3 blocks away from my dorm,
and my house is about 8 blocks away. Both of my parents are music professors at
Dickinson. My mom teaches voice and my dad is a musicologist (that's history of music) and directs a choir called Collegium Musicum. My main talents are photography and writing, and I intend to put those into a career in photojournalism (if things work out as planned, anyway). My whole life I wanted to get away from Carlisle, and I ended up going to college here. Great. I'm currently thinking about transferring, but it's a very half-baked plan. I applied to a specialty interest house on campus here at Dickinson for next fall called the Arts Haus, and whether or not I get accepted is really going to affect my decision whether or not to transfer.

The unfortunate thing about blogs is that you can't really post EVERYTHING about yourself, so to those of you that know me, yes, I'm leaving out some major details. I got in trouble this year at school; let's just say I have my own way of doing things. I'm not going to say I'm proud of it, because it gets me into trouble A LOT, but that's me, take it or leave it. I'm ADD as all hell, take Concerta for it (have been for 6 years, and no, I wasn't forced to take it or anything, it did wonders for my success in school), and am still constantly late for things. I live in a VERY small dorm room with a roommate who is my complete opposite, but we (thankfully) get along just fine and function pretty well as roommates (with compromises in place).

Oh and another major part of my life is urban exploration. I explore abandoned buildings for fun, take pictures, learn the histories of certain buildings, and just love abandonments in general. I am a full member on UER (for those of you that don't know what that is....too bad), and have been exploring for about 2 years. I posted a few of my photos as an introduction to my photography-- let me know what you think!




No comments: